Our contact details
You can find details of how to contact us here: Get In Touch
The type of personal information we collect
We have a section of our website that is restricted to Whitworth Men’s Shed members. Membership is free and we limit access so that we can collect details of who uses our community organisation. We currently request and process the following information through our online form as part of the membership process:
- Personal identifiers and contact details: We ask for your First Name, Last Name, Postcode, Phone number, and/or Email
- A username and password: We also ask you to choose a username and password so that you can sign in to our member’s section
We do not share this information with other organisations or individuals.
We also receive some personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
• Facebook and Twitter: We present the most recent posts to our social media channel feeds on our website. This may include usernames, user profile pictures and the first part of the user’s post.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- Your consent: You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting us in any of the ways listed here: Get In Touch. For cookies you can manage your consent using the link at the bottom of every page.
- We have a legitimate interest: We may wish to get in touch with members to make them aware of activities or services that we are offering
How we store your personal information
Membership information is securely stored on our web server for the duration of your membership.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at: Get In Touch
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk